[and on a budget, for that matter.]
been there, done that. and thank God/Creator that i am done. i can breathe again!
planning a wedding is not as fun as you’d think. don’t let anyone tell you different! it’s stressful and exhausting, nitpicking over shades of white and licking hundreds of gold-rimmed envelopes.
i just wanted to get married already, surrounded by people who love us!
[don’t tell him, but] i should have listened to my dad all my life when he told me to go to Vegas to get Elvis to marry me. would have been a hell of a lot cheaper.
but do i regret any of it?
all that being said, here are some of my top tips on how to survive:
- it’s your day. stop worrying about what everyone else thinks/wants/has been dreaming about. do what makes you and your hubby-to-be happy.
- please, please do not stress over the weather! there is absolutely nothing you can do to change it. besides, rain is good luck anyway.
- have a back up plan! ceremony outside? have an indoor location in case bad weather doesn’t hold off. bring some wellies & an umbrella for a fun photoshoot in the rain.
- opt for a first look. it saved us a lot of stress and gave us some intimate moments together before we tied the knot.
- keep your wedding party to a minimum. sticking to family is best, in my opinion. we had one person on each side and we could not be happier.
- it’s all about who you know. having a stag and doe? ask friends and family who own businesses to donate and help on the night of. have a family member that bakes? ask them to make your wedding cake as their wedding gift to you.
- if you ever need someone to bitch to/ask questions & advice/slap you in the face, call me. i’m a good listener.